This online course has taught me the importance of technology integration in schools. It really is no longer a choice. Technology enhances students learning, whether it's because it's more engaging, it acts as a manipulative, it's more visual, it's easier to differentiate. This means that eventually I believe that it will be mandatory, or it not mandatory, seriously frowned upon if it's not used. This means that those who are pushing for technology now and integrating it are ahead in a line that everyone will have to be in eventually.
Learning about technology through state standards that are already in place gave a greater understanding of the intended outcomes. It helped me to better understand the areas that I need to think about when making a lesson plan using technology. The readings also helped me to think about why I'm using the technology. There means to be a purpose and a measurable outcome to justify using technology. Though using technology is generally more efficient, setting it up and getting students going can be so time consuming that it really isn't beneficially to use technology just for the sake of it.
The websites that the other students have shared and that are in the resources I have found very useful. I have learned a lot of new things and have already tried to plan how I can use some of them in my classroom this fall. The text book also gave a lot of useful information. It gave a great insight into how the new generation of students things and deals with technology and education. I will be able to apply this understanding in my classroom everyday.
The school that I will be teaching at this year has a computer lab with a smart board in it. I am really hoping to be able to use this a lot during the year. There are many wonderful online manipulatives and activities that I have found to help the students with certain concepts. I am also hoping to get a smart board in my classroom, depending on school funding. I would hope to use this everyday if I were lucky enough to get it. The school also uses edline. It gives every teacher a web-page that both their students and their students parents can go onto. I will be keeping up to date with this, posting assignments, handouts, test reviews, test days, online help websites, and much more. I want to continue what I learned in this class and integrate technology in my classroom and throughout my school.
No comments:
Post a Comment